IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung) takes place annually in Berlin. This year, the technology showcase is expected to attract over 200 000 attendees.
The show officially only begins on 2 September, but that hasn’t stopped some of the world’s largest technology brands showing off their latest devices as early as 31 August.
ASUS Vice President Eric Chen today took the stage to unveil ZenWatch 3, the latest model in the ZenWatch family of Android Wear™-powered wearable devices.
He also announced European pricing and availability for the latest lineup of laptops, 2-in-1 PCs, tablets, and displays. Products featured onstage include ZenBook 3, Transformer 3 Pro, Transformer 3, ZenPad 3S 10 and ZenScreen.
“IFA is where we launched our very first smartwatch and we have continued the tradition today with ZenWatch 3. We deeply appreciate the loyal support from consumers in Europe, and we are excited to bring our new Zenvolution product line-up to the European markets.”
ZenWatch 3 is arguably the most stylish and customisable wearable device powered by Android Wear so far.With its beautiful design, ZenWatch 3 also functions as a full-featured activity tracker to help wearers stay motivated and meet their fitness goals.
ZenBook 3 is a premium, prestigious laptop with unprecedented performance, featuring an ultra-thin 11.9mm profile and an Intel® Core™ i7 processor.
Chris Walker, Vice President of Intel’s Client Computing Group and General Manager of Mobility Client Platforms has said the 7th-generation Intel Core processor will provide increased efficiency with new media capabilities to allow users to keep up with the ever immersive internet.
ASUS ZenScreen MB16AC is the world’s lightest and slimmest Full HD portable monitor. It features a hybrid USB Type-C (USB-C) port that supports both power and video transmission for compatibility with any laptop with a USB-C or USB Type-A port.
ZenPad 3S 10 is a 9.7-inch Android™ tablet featuring a stunning QXGA (2048 by 1536) high-resolution touchscreen and an incredibly slim, compact, and elegant design.
It offers a comprehensive set of entertainment-focused features:
- ASUS Tru2Life video-enhancement technology
- A powerful stereo audio system with five-magnet speakers and,
- NXP smart amplifier technology that make media look and sound their best.
The display is bordered by a 5.3mm-thin bezel — the world’s thinnest on a tablet — giving ZenPad 3S 10 a class-leading screen-to-body ratio of 78 percent and making it one of the most compact 9.7-inch tablets available.
ASUS Transformer 3 Pro is a 2-in-1 PC that combines performance with portability. Made from aluminium the Transformer 3 Pro is a ridiculous 8.35mm thin.
Transformer 3 Pro features:
- Integrated metal kickstand with stepless any-position hinge (the device at any viewing angle up to 170°).
- Backlit keyboard that provides laptop-grade 1.4mm key-travel for a comfortable typing experience (available in four attractive colors — Stone, Charcoal, Taupe, and Amber).
- 12.6-inch display with a 3K resolution of 2880 by 1920 and a 275ppi pixel density for pin-sharp, detailed images as well and a wide color gamut of 121 percent sRGB for rich, vibrant colors.
- Powerful front-mounted stereo speakers with audio by Harman Kardon provide spacious, defined sound for an incredible listening experience.
- Intel Core i7 processor and has up to a 1TB PCIe® x4 ultra-fast SSD and 16GB of high-speed 2133MHz RAM for the ultimate performance.
- A 13MP rear camera lets users capture high-resolution photos and videos, and a front-facing camera with Windows Hello facial recognition enables users to log in conveniently with just a quick glance.
ASUS Transformer 3 is a stylish, ultra-slim and compact 2-in-1 PC that provides users with the ultimate mobility, total convenience, and amazing expandability.
Transformer 3 features:
- Weighs just 695g and is only 6.9mm thin
- Smaller dimensions than a sheet of A4 paper
- Detachable ASUS Transformer Sleeve Keyboard
- Integrated two-position display stand
- Glass-covered precision touchpad
- 12.6-inch display with a 3K resolution (2880 x 1920) and 275ppi pixel density for pin-sharp, detailed images.
- An ultra-thin bezel provides an 80 percent screen-to-body ratio
- ASUS Tru2Life video-enhancement technology which optimises every pixel in each frame before it is displayed for superior contrast and clarity for the most realistic video quality.
- Powered by 7th-generation Intel Core processors, with up to a 512GB SSD and up to 8GB RAM to deliver fast performance for work and play.
- Versatile and reversible USB-C connector supports USB 3.1 Gen 2 devices at speeds up to 10Gbps
- Thunderbolt 3 provides unbelievably fast 40Gbps data transfers and support for dual external 4K UHD displays.
- A built-in fingerprint reader.
- Windows Hello support lets users sign in and unlock Transformer 3 quickly and securely without having to type their password or PIN.
- Includes a 13MP rear camera for capturing high-resolution photos and videos.
Transformer 3 has an incredible quad-speaker audio system developed in co-operation with audio experts Harmon Kardon, an amazing feature for such a thin device.
Each speaker is powered by a smart amplifier to deliver optimum audio quality and automatically adjusts the routing of low and high audio frequencies to the correct speakers.
Like Transformer 3 Pro, Transformer 3 is also expandable with a range of accessories — including ASUS Pen, ASUS Universal Dock, ASUS Audio Pod, and ROG XG Station 2 — that extend its functionality and performance, giving users a new level of flexibility and convenience from a mobile device.
ASUS Pen is a beautifully crafted active stylus for writing and drawing, that detects 1024 levels of pressure for completely natural note-taking and sketching experiences with a high degree of control. Users can also capture photos with Transformer 3 Pro’s high-resolution camera and annotate them directly with ASUS Pen.
ASUS Universal Dock is a hub that provides a full range connectivity ports, including USB-C 3.1, USB 3.0, HDMI, VGA, RJ45 LAN, and a 3-in-1 SD Card reader. It adds desktop-grade functionality to Transformer 3 Pro.
ASUS Audio Pod is an entertainment accessory, with four powerful speakers that deliver amazing 360° virtual 5.1-channel surround-sound with rich, defined bass.
ROG XG Station 2 is an external graphics card dock that gives Transformer 3 Pro desktop-grade graphics performance, turning it into a VR-ready gaming powerhouse or workstation.