Core Gaming Systems has announced that the Nintendo Switch will be available in South Africa. The console will be sold for the RRP (Recommended Retail Price) of R5,599, from Friday 3 March, as part of the global roll-out.
The home video game console connects to a TV at home, but also transforms into an on-the-go handheld. c5d4f6413d
“Nintendo Switch offers a completely new gaming experience that South Africans will love. We are thrilled to introduce this unique gaming console locally, at the same time as the rest of the world,” says Matthew Grose, General Manager for Core Gaming Systems.
Nintendo Switch Pre-Launch
In addition to participating in the official global launch, South Africans will also be able to attend the pre-launch event. Local Nintendo fans will have the opportunity to get a hands-on experience with Nintendo Switch at Sandton City Fountain Court. This event will take place from the 17th to 19th February. More information on the pre-launch event will be available on as details are confirmed.
Pricing And Availability
- The Nintendo Switch package will include the main console, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) controllers, a Joy-Con grip (to which the Joy-Con are attached and used as one controller), a set of Joy-Con wrist straps, a Nintendo Switch dock (which holds the main console and connects it to a TV), a HDMI cable, and an AC adapter.
- Nintendo Switch will be available in two colour options. A version with a set of grey Joy-Con and a version with one neon blue and one neon red Joy-Con.
- First-party Nintendo Switch games available from launch include:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the RRP of R999.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Limited Edition for the RRP of R1,399
- 1-2-Switch for the RRP of R699.
- Additional Nintendo Switch accessories available from launch include:
- Joy-Con (pair) for the RRP of R1,299
- Joy-Con (single) for the RRP of R899
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for the RRP of R1,199.
- Nintendo Switch amiibo characters available from launch include:
- Link Archer, Link Rider, Zelda Bokoblin and Zelda Fieldwork for the RRP of R249
- Guardian for the RRP of R299.
“Takealot is so excited about being a preferred partner to launch the Nintendo Switch online to South African shoppers,” said Julie-Anne Walsh, Chief Marketing Officer at Takealot. “We love how versatile this new console is. And, to celebrate the launch, we’re offering R300 off the recommended retail price to our first 50 customers who pre-order before the release day. This will give gamers the chance to snap up their Nintendo Switch at great value before anyone else.”
“Whether you want to play at home, on-the-go, single player, or with friends, Nintendo Switch offers something for everyone. We encourage eager fans to attend our pre-launch event at Sandton City to see and experience the product prior launch,” concludes Grose.