Help! I need car insurance fast. My profile: a 28-year-old female driving a 2011 Ford Figo 1.4 Ambiente, with no previous insurance claims or penalties.
DID YOU KNOW? An independent broker can offer you informed advice on the best car insurance policy for your needs. And if you quote with us, our specialist partnering broker, RBS, will call you. CLICK BELOW and receive this benefit at no cost.
- Loyalty is rewarded when customers remain claim-free for three years with R2500 into your account. Two years after that, you will receive 10 percent of your premiums back and every year after that.
- According to Edmund (our sales agent) your premiums decrease after 12 months and you are entitled to ask for a re-evaluation of your profile after 12 months which could result in your premiums decreasing.
- TRICK ALERT: When your car is written off, expect to pay a flat access of R4600, which is deducted off your payout.
- Security features such as a tracking device can be obtained for R75 a month instead of R115-R250 depending on the model when you go through OUTsurance.
- Roadside assistance and accommodation coverage (R400) if you are to break down 50 km from home.
A HelloPeter complainant by the name of Brianfa complained about the poor service of OUTsurance’s claims and sales department, when his mother’s car was written off.
“My mother was in an accident, and the vehicle was written off by OUTsurance. The claims department insist that the vehicle’s trade value is R47 000, although my parents phoned the bank, and a dealer, who confirmed the trade value of the vehicle was R90 000. I phoned OUTsurance and requested a quote for new insurance, giving the exact description of the car my mother drove. The advisor confirmed the value of the vehicle to be R90 100.”
The complainant also stated how unprofessional the manager, who assisted sales agent Lilian Matlala, was mentioning he said, “I dare you to prove me wrong on the value of the vehicle.”
The sales agent was well-versed and explained in detail about my particular car insurance needs in our 31 minute chat. While I advised him I was just inquiring, I still managed to be coaxed into a policy which I later cancelled after an hour for no fee.
- Hijack, collision, theft, fire and explosions, malicious damage, natural disasters are covered.
- Anyone with a valid driver’s licence can drive the client’s car and will be fully covered.
- If your car is written off, Discovery promises to pay back the value you have chosen, such as retail value or market value of your car (retail value is the highest).
- TRICK ALERT: For a claim, an excess fee of R3500 is to be paid by the client, and in the case of replacing a window or windscreen, the client would be expected to pay an excess fee of R750.
- Cashback every month and up to R200 once you download the Discovery app, which monitors your driving behaviour via your phone. All good driving behaviour counts towards points. A technician is also sent out to do a check-up on your vehicle.
- If a client wants a tracking device through Discovery, a fee of R50 will be charged monthly and an installation fee of R150 will be added to your premium.
3. King Price
- Hijack, accidental damage, fire and explosions, theft, natural disasters covered within borders and neighbouring countries, SASRIA.
- 24 Hour roadside assistance nationwide.
- A locksmith at your service free of charge for those forgetful moments.
- 10 litres of petrol if fuel is needed.
- Free towing and storage.
- Legal assistance covered.
- Medical expenses covered such as airlifting.
- Premiums reduced monthly because, according to King Price, the value of the car decreases and so should monthly premiums.
- Third party claims requires no fee for excess.
- Accommodation on offer for client and passengers to the value of R500 per person should the car break down far from home.
I received an immediate call from King Price, which would have been greatly appreciated if they had not called before we had the chance to finish submitting all relevant car insurance details on the form. The agent called and had almost no personal details which he then had to inquire about in the phone call.
Once completed, the form ended in an error page which is also problematic. Our call with the agent was cut short and he promised to call the next day, but never did.
Another client of King Price had a similar experience, where the agent promised to call back but never did.
“I’ve been calling since last week Wednesday trying to put in a claim for my vehicle that was towed. Every time I call they promise to call me back, but nobody ever does. To make matters worse, I spoke to a very rude staff member who lacked telephone etiquette skills.”
- Accident and intentional damage, theft and hi-jack, glass, earthquake, storm, hail, flood and snow, fire and explosion covered
- R5 000 000 liability to other parties and SASRIA.
- MiHelp roadside assistance
- Medical access and WeDrive
- Reasonable towing and storage costs (only on a valid claim)
- R750 Medical costs for each of the passengers (only on a valid claim).
Let us do the work for you! CLICK BELOW to compare car insurance quotes in a flash!